If you disagree with any of the points (someone has already said that point 4 might not be practical), then please also comment. Many thanks.
We, the Artwiculati, are endlessly passionate about this wonderful game : the creative buzz of composing erudite, poetic, heartfelt, or just plain witty, tweets, and we love the social life that goes with it. Once again, we reiterate our thanks for the fact that it exists.
But, we don't feel that the social networking aspects of the game should become the measure of or means to success; we feel that there should be a 'level playing field' for all players, and we applaud your continuing efforts to achieve this.
There are a few ideas to help this even further, which have been discussed quite a lot recently. We would like to put them to you, and therefore...
We, the undersigned, being passionate about Artwiculate, humbly petition the people responsible for the running the game, as follows :
1. Please make all kinds of RT count equally. If this is not technically possible, then please stop RTs from scoring at all.
2. Please equalise the different time zones by introducing a 25-hour day for the game.
3. Please remove the voting button from individual players' profile pages, i.e. all voting to be 'blind' from the main site (this will also help to deter "voting to influence results" which undoubtedly follows on from your 'front runners' announcement)
4. Please restrict voting to the players of the game. For example :
• only those following @artwiculate, and
• only those with a minimum points tally, to prove they actually are players
If you, like us, believe these changes will help, please try them out for a month or two
Please respond to this, so we know what your thoughts are :-)